Fiji Duty Rates
Fiscal duty and VAT are levied on all goods in excess of concessions. Fiscal duty rates vary depending on the goods, whereas VAT is uniformly applied at 12.5%. VAT is applied ona base, which includes the value of the goods plus any fiscal duty payable.
Fiji Departure Tax
Visitors to Fiji are required to pay departure tax. This would be already included in your air ticket.
To avoid the introduction of foreign plant and animal pests and diseases, Fiji prohibits the importation of vegetable matter, seeds, or any animal product without a permit from the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forests.
Fiji Duty & Duty Free Concessions
A bona fide passenger finally disembarking in Fiji is entitled to the following DUTY and VAT free concessions:
- Dutiable goods accompanying passengers (other than alcohol and tobacco products) not exceeding FJ$400 in value
- The following goods which are owned by passengers and are not intended as gifts or for sale:
- Personal effects
- Household effects for returning residents (must be used for 12 months prior to departure) or intending residents
- Articles taken out of Fiji on departure on which duty and tax have been paid
The goods should not be for sale and must be accompanied at the time of final disembarkation by the passenger. Alternatively, the passenger purchases the goods immediately after final disembarkation in Fiji.
Each passenger of 17 years or more may also bring the following goods into Fiji, duty and VAT free, provided they are accompanied and are not for sale:
- Cigarettes, not exceeding 250 sticks or
- Cigars, not exceeding 250grams net weight or
- Tobacco not exceeding 250grams net weight or
- Any combination of (1) to (3) above, provided the total net weight does not exceed 250grams
- Spirituous Liquors not exceeding 2.25 litres or
- Wines, not exceeding 4.5 litres or
- Beer, not exceeding 4.5 litres or
- Any combination of the goods in paragraph (5) to (7) above, provided that they combination does not exceed the equivalent quantity under any one paragraph
- Other dutiable goods, not exceeding FJ$400.00 in value.
In case of goods specified in paragraph (1) or (8) above the age of passenger shall not be less than seventeen years.
A Baggage Declaration Form is to be filled and signed by the bona fide passenger in the case of unaccompanied luggage.